subtitle

[Bits and pieces of books that I want to be able to remember.]

space holder

.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Undaunted: The Miracle of the Hole-in-the-Rock Pioneers

by Gerald Lund

...there is only one thing of which I am sure, and that makes all the difference.  I know this is what the Lord has called us to do, and I know, as it says in the scriptures, that all things work together for good to them that love God.  So I shall shut the door on our beautiful home.  I shall walk away from our coal stove with it's four hot plates and an oven large enough to bake six loaves of bread at the same time.  I shall leave behind our pianoforte and my china dishes and our lovely porcelain tub where I can soak in a hot bath as long as I wish.  I shall do so because I love your father more than all of these.  I shall do so because I love the Lord even more than that.  (Sarah McKenna)

You cannot behold with your natural eyes at the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which follows after much tribulation.  For after much tribulation come the blessings.  (Patrick McKenna quoting from D&C)


No comments:

Post a Comment